Any inquiries, questions or concerns about LSS employment opportunities may be sent to email@example.com
Basic Qualifications for All LSS Positions
- You must be a current undergraduate UCSC student.
- Priority is given to students who are at least in their 3rd year.
- Priority is given to transfer students who are in their 2nd year.
- You must have taken the course before and done well in it (B or better).
- If you are applying for a math course, you need to have taken it OR tested out of it.
- You must be in good academic standing as determined by your college.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- You must participate in the LSS Tutor Training Program, which includes:
- Logistics Meeting at the start of the quarter.
- Ongoing trainings through out the quarter.
- NEW HIRES must enroll in a 2-unit tutor training course (Time TBA)
- You must get a recommendation from a faculty member in the discipline you will be working in.
- Please request this only if you are selected for an interview.
- All Positions are paid at two rates:
- $15.32 is the individual rate
- $20.62 is the group rate
How to Apply
Read the job description for the position you are interested in (MSI, Small Group Tutor and/or Writing Tutor), then go to the UCSC Career Center's Employee Request System and apply to job #0527. After you apply, you will receive regular emails from LSS with our open positions and next steps to apply for a specific opening.
Tutor and MSI positions are both work-study and non work-study. The Student Office Assistant position is work-study only.
MSI Learning Assistant: (Job #0527)
- CHEM 163C-01: Advan Physical Chem
- CMPS 104A-01: Fund Compiler Des 1
- PHYS 006B-01: Intro Physics II
- PHYS 110B: Elec, Magnet, Optic
Small Group Tutor: (Job # 0527)
- ASTR 001: The Cosmos
- BIOL 080A: Female Physiology
- CHEM 109: Org Chem:Apps to Bio
- CMPS 112: Compar Prog Lang
- EE 171: Analog Electronics
- FILM 080S: Sp Top Film/Dig Med
- FMST 145: Race/Gender Formatn
- MATH 111B: Algebra
- MATH 115: Graph Theory
- OCEA 001: The Oceans
- PHIL 100B: The Rationalists
General Writing Assistant (Job #0527)
Student Office Assistant: (Job # 0529)--Work Study Only
We are no longer hiring for the 2016-2017 academic school year.