Drop-in Writing and Math Tutoring
Drop-in Tutoring is available to all UCSC undergraduate students.
Drop-in Writing Tutoring
Drop-in writing is essentially 30 minute express appointments. Students are seen on a first come, first serve basis. Students can bring assignments from classes across the disciplines.
How does it work?Students should come to the session and put their name on the waitlist. Tutors will see students in the order that they arrive. Please a print copy of your paper or assignment for your tutor to use during your session.
Drop-in Math Tutoring
Drop-in math tutoring is available for students seeking assistance in Math 2, 3, 11A, 11B, 19A, 19B, 22, 23A and 23B. The schedule is Tuesday-Thursdays from 4-8PM in the McHenry Library. During drop-in math, the tutor will circulate the room, helping each student for 15 minutes on individual homework problems.
Tuesday - Thursday
4PM to 8PM
@ McHenry Library 1279
MATH 2, 3, 11A, 11B, 19A, 19B, 22, 23A, 23B
How does it work?
Find a seat, put your name on the list and a tutor will be with you shortly! Please bring any materials that you will need to get your questions answered (i.e homework, text books, class notes, etc.). Students are encouraged to work together on math problems while waiting.
Additional Drop-in Writing and Drop-in Math resources are available during finals week.
Math Skills Workshops
Learning Support Services will be hosting a series of Math Skills Workshops on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from January 24th to February 10th in ARC 116. A schedule of the topis to be covered is provided below. These workshops are open to all interested UCSC students regardless of major or class-level; sign-ups are not required and students can attend as desired.
Math Skills Workshops:
Schedule: Workshop sessions are all held in ARC 116
- Overview of Functions: Tuesday, January 24th, 5:20-6:50pm
- Quadratic Equations: Wednesday, January 25th, 7:10-8:40pm
- Polynomials: Thursday, January 26th, 11:40-1:10pm
- Rational Functions: Friday, January 27th, 12:00-1:30pm
- Exponents and Logarithms: Tueday, January 31st, 5:20-6:50pm
- Trigonometry: Wednesday, February 1st, 7:10-8:40pm
- Overview of Functions: Thursday, February 2nd, 11:40-1:10pm
- Quadratic Equations: Friday, February 3rd, 12:00-1:30pm
- Polynomials: Tuesday, February 7th, 5:20-6:50pm
- Rational Functions: Wednesday, February 8th, 7:10-8:40pm
- Exponents and Logarithms: Thursday, February 9th, 11:40-1:10pm
- Trigonometry: Friday, February 10th, 12:00-1:30pm